[BBLISA] Cable/phone/Internet post promo costs?

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 21 10:19:31 EDT 2007

My wife and I are looking at the various competitive offering from RCN,
Comcast, and Verizon FIOS.

At least Comcast and Verizon offer P+C+I for $100/month the first year, then at
least Comcast goes up $20 - 40/month beyond the promo.

- What is the average cost increase, per month, people have seen for FIOS and
RCN after their promo periods?

- How has overall service (customer and offerings) been?

Do RCN's and/or Comcast's voice offerings connect or require access to or
through their cable modem, or is the voice hookup via twisted pair?
I don't want to have to unplug my home phones and plug them in somewhere else.
I'd like to keep twisted pair phones where they are and have the service swap
be transparent to me.

Anything other real-world experiences are most welcome.

Thanks.

Scott