[BBLISA] New cell phone recommendation?

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Mon Oct 22 11:53:18 EDT 2007

I think you need to get a lot more information before you can even
start looking.
Does the paging company actually still use alpha-numeric pagers (and their
own transmitters)?  If so, then you are looking for a device which combines
both a cell phone transceiver and a pager receiver in one package.  You'll need
info on exactly what radio service the pager service uses.  Given
that most people are probably satisfied with SMS messaging via cell service,
I would be kind of surprised if anybody has done this as an all in one unit.
You might find a PDAphone which accepts an outboard pager adapter, but
that is likely to be too big/fragile for normal use.  Alternatively,
it's just remotely
possible that the paging service may have an extra cost send via SMS
capability.
I seem to recall though that pager service tends to be more reliable
then SMS messaging
and she might end up missing messages if she depends on SMS only.

Good Luck,
Bill