[BBLISA] Amanda vs legato?

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Thu Oct 4 15:57:13 EDT 2007

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Palmer <palmer at azuen.net> writes:

Chris> I'll second that, I use bacula at work now, and it just got
Chris> done restoring a 2TB raid array that failed badly with nary a
Chris> hitch.  I find it much easier to use than either amanda or
Chris> legato, to boot.

I dunno... the Legato CLI commands are really nicely done in my mind.
Bacula is a baroque CLI interface, with I feel to be poorly named and
organized commands.

If I had the time and energy, I'd try to come up with something
better, but I know from looking at the code already that it's going to
be hard to accomplish.  Though maybe a perl wrapper around the
'bconsole' command might do the trick... :]

John