[BBLISA] Adobe products under Linux?

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Sun Nov 25 09:24:32 EST 2007

Hey, one other question -

Are you 100% sure you can't use 32G of memory in Windows?  Here's my
experience...

I had a 16G redhat system.  Using the base kernel, the OS was able to see 4G
of memory, and individual processes were limited to 3G.  So I installed the
"hugemem" kernel (which is precompiled, a standard rpm package) and that
allowed the OS to see all 16G, but individual processes were still limited
to 3G.

In windows, I guess there are some switches you can stick into your
boot.ini, such as /3g /4g and /PAE, but I didn't read closely enough to know
what they're used for, or what their limitations are.