[BBLISA] LinkedIn group for BBLISA

Tom Metro tmetro+bblisa at vl.com
Fri Nov 16 21:15:08 EST 2007

Steven M Jones wrote:
> But I have to say it looks like the groups feature is either only
> half-baked, or oriented more towards dues-collecting organizations.

I hadn't looked at the directory of groups before, but I see there is a
note saying they aren't currently accepting new groups into the
directory. But that doesn't impact the ability to create a new group. It
wouldn't surprise me if they charge a fee for inclusion in the directory.

> However, I don't see anything in the creation screen that would rule out
> BBLISA.

Correct. BBLISA should qualify fine. I recently created groups for BLU
and Boston Perl Mongers.

Setting up the group just takes a few minutes to fill in the title,
description, and an email address for group join requests. The most
difficult step might be digging up a logo with the required dimensions.

You can optionally upload a list of member email addresses so that
they'll be pre-approved when they try to join, otherwise the group
manager gets an email when someone requests admission. (Fir simplicity
and privacy reasons we chose to do the latter for the above two groups.)

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA