[BBLISA] Job opening

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed May 16 06:47:06 EDT 2007

** Please direct ALL inquiries to me - scott at ehrlichtronics.com

I am converting from subcontractor to direct hire with my employer.  As such,
my position is becoming vacant.  I presume it will remain a subcontractor
opening.

There is no official job description I'm aware of.  This is a partial list of
things (no particular order) I handle on a routine basis:

- Knowledge of Windows XP, Linux (all flavors), and MacOS

- Basic networking concepts - static and dhcp tcpip addressing, patch and
crossover cables, etc

- Connecting to a Windows share from Windows, Linux, and MacOS (windows shares
will most likely be part of an active directory domain, but not always)

- Troubleshooting Mac and PC hardware at most all levels (but no test
equipment, such as meters, etc)

- Knowledge of networked and standalone printers

- Ability to work in a very heterogenious environment

- Ability to work with a dynamic range of personalities and skills

- Troubleshooting problems ranging from checking stuck jobs in a Windows print
spooler to replacement a video projector bulb to preserving data from a failing
hard drive, coordinating a spare machine for the user, and obtaining a new
drive

- Disk imaging with Ghost

- Ability to work independently

- Will routinely interact with central IT and assist with phone troubleshooting
for some remote field sites

- Normal hours - no on-call

- Manage tasks with Remedy ticketing system

** MUST BE A US CITIZEN

** MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A DOD SECURITY CLEARANCE

Again, if interested, please email me direct - scott at ehrlichtronics.com

Thanks.

Scott