[BBLISA] Data storage

Kathryn Smith aishabintjamil at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 08:28:56 EDT 2007

You didn't mention if this is 1-2 tapes every week
being kept forever, or if you're rotating. If the
volume at any given time is not more than a dozen
or so of today's compact tapes, you might try the
solution my current employer is using for it's
rotating backups. We have a safety deposit box in
a local bank, and the LAN administrator just goes
down there once a week with the latest tape and
swaps it for one that's there already.

Kathryn Smith

--- Edward Ned Harvey <bblisa2 at nedharvey.com> wrote:

> Hey, if you've got backup tapes you want picked up
> and stored someplace
> safe, obviously iron mountain is one option.
>
> Can anyone suggest any other competitors, and
> pros/cons of one over another?
> The location I am addressing specifically is a small
> company.  Maybe
> producing 2 tapes every 2 weeks for offsite
> archival.

Kathryn Smith
This email address, aishabintjamil at yahoo.com, is my primary
email address.

I have been experiencing intermittent, but persistant cases
where I'm told messages have bounced. If you encounter this,
please forward the entire bounced message to:

aishabintjamil at speakeasy.net

Yahoo tech support says they cannot troubleshoot the problem
without examples of the bounced messages. Thank you.