[BBLISA] Data storage

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Wed May 2 00:57:34 EDT 2007

Allsafe used to be a good place. I haven't used them in a while. I don't
even know if they are still in business.

At that low level, I tell people to get a medium sized waterproof
firesafe and put the tapes in the basement of one of their officers
(CEO, Treasurer, corporate secretary)

[technically, a firesafe that is safe for paper will still get hot
enough in a common fire to melt tapes. They also make 'data safes',
which include extra insulation to keep the internal temperature lower,
longer.]

Remember to put desicant inside your safe to maintain proper humidity.

		--Dean