[BBLISA] Internet service and power outages?

Kevin L. Mitchell klmitch at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 29 00:12:30 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 21:45 -0400, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> Cable companies use telephone pole-based powerline-powered amplifiers, yes?  If
> so, if power to my area goes out, even if I have a UPS at home, all
> coax-offered services should disappear, correct?

I would have thought the same, but I've had neighborhood power outages
that did not affect my network connections on my UPS-protected machine
at all--perhaps the amplifier boxes in my area have battery backups?
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <klmitch at mit.edu>