[BBLISA] OpenDir, passwd, LDAP and Linux: Oh my!

Sean OMeara someara at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:25:34 EST 2007

Ed, try using the openldap command line tools to do simple binds
against the server and see if both passwords really work.
It will let you narrow it down to server side or client side:

ldapsearch -h ldapserver -b "dc=your,dc=base" -D
"cn=someuser,ou=People,dc=your,dc=base" "(objectClass=*)" dn -w pass1
ldapsearch -h ldapserver -b "dc=your,dc=base" -D
"cn=someuser,ou=People,dc=your,dc=base" "(objectClass=*)" dn -w pass2
ldapsearch -h ldapserver -b "dc=your,dc=base" -D
"cn=someuser,ou=People,dc=your,dc=base" "(objectClass=*)" dn -w pass3