[BBLISA] OpenDir, passwd, LDAP and Linux: Oh my!

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Mon Dec 3 16:10:34 EST 2007

> pam_ccreds?

I don't know what that means.  I don't see any pam_ccreds anywhere.

> nscd -i passwd?

nscd            0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
(also ps shows nscd not running)
Just for the heck of it, I edited /etc/nscd.conf and set these anyway:
	enable-cache    passwd    no
	persistent    passwd    no

> Is there an entry in /etc/shadow for $user? (there shouldnt be)

There is no reference to the user in /etc/{passwd,shadow,group,gshadow}

Thanks for trying, please keep 'em coming, if u have any more ideas.