[BBLISA] filesystems supporting snapshots

Peter Galvin pbg at cptech.com
Wed Aug 22 20:21:54 EDT 2007

No sign of ZFS in linux (except via FUSE) at this point.

Yes, been following those rumors about ZFS is MacOS too. Would love to see
that happen.

That said, Solaris 10 with ZFS today is a much better network server than
MacOS. Solaris has a much better TCP/IP stack for example, and debugging
tools (DTrace, although that's coming in MacOS too). Uh, and you can run
Solaris on just about any old x86 server you have laying around while MacOS
requires Mac server hardware.