[BBLISA] RAID storage - SATA, SCSI, or Fibre Channel?

John Orthoefer jco at direwolf.com
Tue Aug 21 07:47:24 EDT 2007

My answer is going to sound familiar to a lot of people.

The real question is WHAT are you adding it for?    A few TB added for
backup, is different than a few TB added for a database.   They have
different  price/performance curves.   One is a all about getting the
$/TB down as low as you can, the other is all about I/O.

It's a classic trade off Speed, Capacity, and Cost pick two.   If you
want Fast Large Cap drives, you are going to pay for them.   If you want
cheap high cap drives they aren't going to be fast.

johno