[BBLISA] RAID storage - SATA, SCSI, or Fibre Channel?

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 20 16:23:18 EDT 2007

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2950 and am looking to add more storage.   I know
a lot of factors can go into the type of answer given, but for present and
future technology planning, should I look for a rack of SATA, SCSI, or
fibre channel drives?    Maybe I'm dating myself with fibre channel, and
possibly SCSI?

I may be looking to add a few TB now, and possibly more later.

What are people using these days?   What throughput and reliability are
you seeing?   What accounts for the cost differences?

Thanks.

Scott