[BBLISA] Home PPP/ISP server help needed

Scott R Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 8 19:55:28 EST 2006

I'm about to trial a VOIP provider (lingo) to set up my home network as an ISP.
I plan to use my FC5 machine as the PPP server.   What is the
preferred/recommended/best way to configure my FC5 box as a ppp server?    What
are the recommended packages?   What are recommended links?

There are many resources out there, including the ol' PPP howto, but some of
that documentation refers to packages that are outdated.

I'm just lookin' for something nice and simple.   It will wait for an incoming
connection, assigned an address, let me play with authentication options (pap,
chap, etc), and let my remote device (PDA) surf.

Thanks for any leads.

Scott