[BBLISA] Suggestions for temporary point to point link?

Eddy Harvey bblisa2 at nedharvey.com
Fri May 12 15:11:17 EDT 2006

> if we can't get
> a point to point link we will get the internet link up early
> at the new site and use a tunnel,

Do you actually have some sort of internet that is able to run faster than
100Mb?
Perhaps the 100Mb requirement is less of a need, and more of a want?

Besides the obvious obstruction problem, wifi is simply not fast enough to
reach 100Mb equivalent, no matter how many channels you use.  Too much
overhead, and too much interference, and too much inter-channel overlap to
reach the bandwidth.

> I think we are about 2 floors of parking garage shy of line
> of sight, sigh 100MB would be easy to hit with a laser! :)

Perhaps you've got a neighbor that would let you stick a relay on their roof
for a little while?  Maybe even the parking garage.  ;-)