[BBLISA] Suggestions for temporary point to point link?

Marc Richman dubious at postdiluvian.org
Fri May 12 14:22:29 EDT 2006

if we had line of sight, a microwave or lazer would be great, but its not an
option.  as far as moving the whole shebang in one weekend, our server room
currently has 370 computers (and growing), we also need to move over our
network eqipment and all the employees equpment, plus a qa lab which has
about another 50 machines. Some kind of staggering is going to happen, its
not going to be a drop dead move, if we can't get a point to point link we will
get the internet link up early at the new site and use a tunnel, and re-ip
everything as it moves, it just won't be fun, but more fun than working 2 days
straight with the hope of getting the company functioning by monday, and perhaps
failing.

I think we are about 2 floors of parking garage shy of line of sight, sigh
100MB would be easy to hit with a laser! :)

As far as expense goes $4-6k reasonable cost for 3months of service, we
have no need to own the equipment, a short term lease would be fine