[BBLISA] Suggestions for temporary point to point link?

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Fri May 12 14:56:05 EDT 2006

Did you try tower stream?  Their wireless isn't quite 100mb, but its better than
going without.  Intra-POP performance should be good, I would think.

Someone already mentioned wifi (802.11), which also isn't 100mb.  I've run these
over long links, and might be able to help you out with some antennas. This can
be problematic, as the antenna's cause the neighbors to complain.

There is also free space optical technology (can't come up with a vender, but
look for "free space optical"), which is great until it rains, but that might do
the trick. Don't know what it costs, but I think it is "reaonsably cheap".
These should go quite fast (well, OC3 or so).

Also, don't underestimate the bandwidth of your bookback loaded with tapes...;-)

Hope things are going well, otherwise.

		--Dean