[BBLISA] CoLo near waltham/lexington

Bob Keyes bob at sinister.com
Tue Mar 14 13:51:27 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 sgw at wadlow.net wrote:

> > I used the facility that I guess is now Internap in Charlestown when it
> > was Hosting.com.  I think its weakness then was a single Internet
> > connection (lack of diversity).  They might have fixed it now.  It's a
> > good location if you need a location you can get to by T or car.
>
> They had a number of other problems, most notably a very instable
> powerplant, in spite of being on multiple grids.    There have been other
> problems for which I'm not willing to trust that facility.

Is this the Harvard.Net location? I toured this facility while it was
being build in 1999. They made a lot of promises but the place was empty
at the time.

> > I think there are some colos in downtown Boston in the former Jordan
> > Marsh building but I think parking is an issue.

Yes, that was me you saw on the red line with a 2U server.. ;)

Really! I've done that (but not to the above mentioned facility) - I got
some mighty strange looks.