[BBLISA] CoLo near waltham/lexington

Don Harris dharris at sudoers.com
Tue Mar 14 11:14:14 EST 2006

Actually, Internap is in a different facility where Broadwing used to be, NOT where Hosting.com used to be.  Hosting.com got gobbled up by Allegiance Telecom - they are still there, but everyone has pretty much left due to the connectivity issues they've had.
The claimed to have redundant connections, but thanks to the Big Dig, everyone found out that their redundant connections went out the same conduit, and the backhoe found the conduit - I'm sure you can guess the rest.

Internp is actually on the other side of I-93 from there.

Anyhow...

Don

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 11:09:46AM -0500, Bob Keyes wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Grant Young wrote:
> > I used the facility that I guess is now Internap in Charlestown when it
> > was Hosting.com.  I think its weakness then was a single Internet
> > connection (lack of diversity).  They might have fixed it now.  It's a
> > good location if you need a location you can get to by T or car.
> >
> > I think there are some colos in downtown Boston in the former Jordan
> > Marsh building but I think parking is an issue.
>
> As long as we're talking about Charlestown and Boston (How close to
> Lexington do you have to be, Seph?), I'd mention that my servers in the
> Level3 facility at 300 Bent street in Cambridge have been quite happy.
>
> The thing is, I haven't had to foot the bills there, and that deal won't last
> for long, so I'll be probably looking for some cheap colo by the end of
> the year.

Don Harris
Sudoers, Inc.