[BBLISA] Re: No more BBLISA meetings!

Steven M Jones bblisa-in at crash.com
Thu Mar 9 19:19:28 EST 2006

Many thanks to Adam for all his hard work over the years! It's a
thankless job, but at least nobody tells you they appreciate it...

The historical model used to be that when I left Boston, BBLISA got
very active and interesting. Which I would say was the case from some
of the great speakers Adam has booked in the past year. So here's
hoping...

> For the past few years I've been the only person booking
> talks, but it doesn't have to be that way. In fact, I think
> it would be *much* better if several people were all
> working on it.

I would suggest that one or two people act as a coordinator, and limit
themselves to reserving space and arranging an organizer for each
month. The meeting organizer then has to find a speaker, make
announcements, etc. This way someone's making sure the pipeline of
meeting organizers is kept full, but they don't have to burnout trying
to do it all themselves.

Just some thoughts while avoiding Real Work...

--Steve.