[BBLISA] Enterprise user account naming standards?

Douglas Alan nessus at mit.edu
Thu Feb 16 19:08:08 EST 2006

Adam S. Moskowitz <adamm at menlo.com> wrote:

> Bruce Davis <ayden at mixolydian.org> asks:

> > What user account naming standard do you use?

> I don't. Specifically, I let users pick their own usernames.

Gee, I guess I live in an ivory tower, but it never even occurred to me
disallow users from selecting their own usernames, within the bounds of
decency and OS restrictions.  It still rankles me that my online bank
requires me to log on with some obscure account number.  Like I really
need to have some obscure and different username for every one of my
932432432 different accounts?

I guess take this as seconding Adam's opinion.