[BBLISA] bblisa Digest, Vol 33, Issue 2

Tony da Costa antonio.costa1 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 9 13:38:33 EDT 2006

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:12:15 -0400
From: "Michael Filosa" <mfilosa at gmail.com>
Subject: [BBLISA] Colocation Recomendation
To: bblisa at bblisa.org

Does anyone have opinions about the various colocation facilities in Boston
area?

I have been looking for some time. We might have to move from our current
facility because of service issues we are currently having.

Internap in Cambridge seems to be the best around with Level 3 in Cambridge
our second option.

We have also found Vericenter in Boston and Navisite in Andover. They both
seem adequate as well.

I beleive MCI now Verizon (i think) has a facility in Billerica however i
cannot find much info about it.

Anyone with experience with any of the above providers or others they would
recommend would be helpful.

Thanks...

MY response:
Navisite in Andover and Vericenter in Boston, to my knowledge, are fairly
decent facilities.  Vericenter is SAS70 so it must to adhere to same
standards. The only drawback on Vericenter is its lack of parking space, and
during game days, getting there and around and finding parking space is a
challenge.

We opperate out of the SAVVIS facility in Waltham, right of First Avenue, or
just about the Guest Quarters Double Tree Suites on Waltham. It's a SAS70
Type II certified facility.

Internap and Level 3 facilities I 've goten some decent feedback from would
be customers of mine.  On L3, you are sitting into a fiber rich area ( Bent
Stree ).  Power wise, it's so and so.  While working for Network Plus in
1999, we experienced a serious power outage there that took down our CO,
then at 73 or 75 Bent Street.

Tony da Costa
Business Development Manager
NETRIPLEX, LLC
1-(508)-998-1059
acosta at netriplex.com
www.netriplex.com
Data Center Facilities in US Southeast, Northeast, Southwest and UK.