[BBLISA] recycling event this weekend

Eric Smith esmithphoto at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 13:50:46 EDT 2006

I really know nothing other than this bit of info that my brother sent
me.  But I thought some of you would be interested:
------------------------------
Apr 29th Computer Recycling Event
The John Andrew Mazie Memorial Foundation will hold a Computer
Recycling Event on Saturday April 29, 2006 at the Framingham High
School parking lot, from 9 AM to 3 PM.Computers contain very toxic
materials, including mercury, lead, cadmium and flame-retardents,
which if released into the air and water can severely damage our
environment.Your electronic equipment will be recycled in an
environmentally responsible way by Onyx Environmental
Services.Suggested tax-free donations to support the Mazie Mentoring
Program at Framingham High are:CRT Monitors: $15 ea.Desk top or lap
top computers: $10 ea.Printers, Fax machines: $10 ea.Other electronic
devices: $10 ea.Keyboards, Mice, Speakers: FreeArea residents and
businesses are invited to take advantage of this opportunity to help
the planet and support this community based mentoring
program.Submitted by:Lowell I. MazieExecutive DirectorJohn Andrew
Mazie Memorial Foundation
508-358-0765
www.mazie.org
<http://www.mazie.org>

http://www.framingham.com/cgi-bin/cal/cal.cgi
I have no idea if the cost is reasonable.  I'm considering taking out
a few hard disks and sending some old computers I've got.

I seem to remember some posts about recycling computers on BBLISA in
the last few months but a search of my email archive didn't turn it
up.  Am I just loosing it?  Could someone send me a link the the place
that clamed to destroyed/wiped enclosed media in a proper way along
with recycling the system?

Eric