[BBLISA] local vendors for Intel servers?

Nick G nick.giannotti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 13:31:33 EDT 2006

The problem here was that they were the only vendor who were doing
Socket 478 boards with an ISA bus for a desktop system at a reasonable
price; I really didn't have anywhere else to go. I could have gotten
server-class boards, but that's only if I were building phone servers.
The big boys, like Dell / HP / etc, and even vendors like Tiger Direct
(shudder) were either unable to supply the part I needed or unwilling to
manufacture the machine. Only PC4E was - and for that, I am grateful.

In this case, perhaps my disappointment *was* unfounded - it should be
directed at Itox* (makers of the motherboard), as opposed to PC4E. As I
said, their customer support has been, in my experience, prompt and
courteous. It's just that the motherboard they chose might have been a
poor choice.

- n

* - for the record, I had never even HEARD of Itox (http://www.itox.com)
until I cracked the case of one of these machines after we got it and
googled the model number imprinted on the board.

--
 - n

How can I feel abandoned, even with the world around me?
How can I bite the hand that feeds the strangers all around me?
How can I know so many, never really knowing anyone?
If I seem superhuman, I have been misunderstood...."