[BBLISA] USB drive recovery

Eddy Harvey bblisa at nedharvey.com
Tue Oct 25 08:54:02 EDT 2005

Doesn't this suggestion assume the device is accessible?

Scott, maybe I'm wrong, but based on your question, I've been assuming the
drive died, and it's simply no longer functional.  Right?

If the drive is completely dead, I think your only option is to try
contacting the manufacturer to see if they'll do it.  And assuming they
don't, then you put a little effort into popping the drive apart and see if
there's a failed component you could replace.  And then you'll see it's all
one chip (or 4) and then you'll accept defeat and tell your user there's
nothing that can be done.