[BBLISA] USB drive recovery

Tom Metro tmetro+bblisa at vl.com
Tue Oct 25 07:15:42 EDT 2005

Scott Nixon wrote:
> Do any of you have suggestions on how to recover a USB thumb drive?

There was a thread on this topic on the BLU list:

http://lists.blu.org/pipermail/discuss/2005-August/023130.html

which included a reference to this article:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8366

My recollection of the article was that the author spent a lot of time
manually dissecting the low-level details of the file system, as opposed
to using automated recovery tools, so this may not be the way you want
to go unless you want to spend a lot of time on it.

You might be better off using one of the automated recovery tools made
for Windows, such as Restorer2000 (http://www.restorer2000.com/r2k.htm),
which I've used, or PC INSPECTOR
(http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm), which is free.
I see some of these recovery vendors now specifically market their tools
for USB flash drive recovery.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro