[BBLISA] potential yapc in boston

Uri Guttman uri at sysarch.com
Fri Oct 14 18:12:04 EDT 2005

hi all,

i expect many of you have heard of yapc (yapc.org) which is a great perl
conference that is held in june each year. it is very low cost ($85!)
and run by volunteers. the boston perl mongers is working on a proposal to
host yapc here in june 2006. we have done plenty of research and have
some good sites such as umass/boston and simmons. i am also working on
hosting it at mit which would be a great place IMO. but mit requires a
professor or staffer to sponsor conferences and we don't have any such
connections at the moment.

so if any of you know IT admin types or other staff/academics at mit
that have an interest in perl, please ask them to contact me or send me
their contact info. and if any of you are interested in helping us in
any way (or even just to lurk), feel free to join our list at:

thanx,

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com