[BBLISA] Sun addressable memory.

Larry P. Schrof larry at schrof.net
Fri Oct 14 17:34:06 EDT 2005

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I heard nasty rumors that
Sun would sell a box with more memory than the OS is capable of
addressing. Perhaps this is completely false, perhaps it was true
ten years ago.

I just need to make sure if I order a Sun Fire V210, that I can address
all 8 GB (with whatever memory-addressing magic the OS uses).
I believe a coworker mentioned that, for any one process, it might not
be able to go above 4 GB. (2^32, right?)

Can anyone confirm for me the V210's do indeed address all 8 GB of ram?

Thanks much.