[BBLISA] Spare monitor needed.

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:47:39 EDT 2005

On 5/12/05, Larry P. Schrof <larry at schrof.net> wrote:
> My 20" LCD flat-screen is flaking out. It's under warranty,
> but it will take 2+ weeks to get a replacement.
>
> Does anyone either have a 17" or larger monitor I could borrow for 2-3
> weeks? I'd be willing to rent it from you. I don't drive, so I could
> either walk it back to my place, or I could pay additonal $$ for someone
> to drop it off.
>
> If no one has anything, is there a place or store around Boston that
> I can look to find a monitor for a few weeks? Micro Center said
> they "don't do that sort of thing."

Check out Craig's list.  Monitors are listed in the "free" section
several times a week.  The Boston Craig's list is at:
http://boston.craigslist.org/

Another option, the MIT flea market is on the 3rd Sunday of the month.
You should be able to find an inexpensive monitor there.  Info at:
http://web.mit.edu/w1mx/www/swapfest.shtml

  - Paul