[BBLISA] Data recovery lessons?

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Thu Feb 17 16:30:07 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 04:21:09PM -0500, John Stoffel wrote:
> I'll second that.  We had a two disk failure on a NetApp and I was
> able to fix the issue enough with the various spares they had shipped
> in to get the system back up without any data loss.  Lots of downtime,
> but no data loss.

I guess I'll third that.  Had the exact same issue on a NetApp several
years ago (2 failures in the same RAID group) after trying to bring things
back up from a multi-hour power outage.  We were able to figure out which
of the disks was the spare, and swapped controllers around to get back
to a single disk failure state.

I still can't believe that worked.

Theo Van Dinter, tvd at bblisa.org/felicity at kluge.net
Systems Administrator, bblisa.org/kluge.net