[BBLISA] nnrp clarification on limitations

Tabor J. Wells twells at fsckit.net
Wed Feb 16 10:53:24 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 10:33:38AM -0500,
Dean Anderson <dean at av8.com> is thought to have said:

> I'd be oh so happy to take this offline, but Lutner wants to use SORBS. So
> BBLISA is my only means of communicating with him.  So, the following is
> for Sean only.  Well, actually, it does have relevance to BBLISA:
> Reputation of vendors is a relevant and often-asked question on the BBLISA
> list.

[completely offtopic rant snipped]

BBLISA is the only means of communicating with him?? Huh. The bazillion free
webmail providers say otherwise. Please, Dean, take 5 mins sign up for one
and then you may continue your ranting about SORBS, Bernard Kerik, Alan
Brown, Paul Vixie, and the many many wrongs you have suffered in the past, to
your heart's content without bothering the rest of us.

To the original poster, I've lost the original question but I'm guessing its
about nnrp service providers and the limitations imposed. I used to purchase
service from Randori.com many years ago (and used to peer with them when I
was news at shore.net). I'm not sure if they're still offering the same service
but they used to do flat monthly fee nnrp service and it was quite solid as
I recall.

To the list owners, Dean's frothing about SORBS/ORBS/MAPS/whatever on BBLISA
has been happening more and more frequently in the last year. How much
longer will the list be subjected to it? Yes, I realize one of those
incidents of feeding the troll was my own doing and for that I apologize but
he's at the point of ignoring requests from Adam to stop. The regular Dean
outbursts are starting to detract from the quality of the list.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells at fsckit.net
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality