[BBLISA] nnrp clarification on limitations

Sean Lutner sean at rentul.net
Tue Feb 15 23:25:17 EST 2005

On Feb 15, 2005, at 6:29 PM, Dean Anderson wrote:

> Yes, we just take shots at people.  That's why I'm so well known for
> taking shots a people, rather than having been "shot at" by a slew of
> bad
> characters including court-proven liars.

In this thread, I felt that you were taking shots at me, and I fired
back. In a previous thread I was trying to be helpful and you
interrupted the thread with your personal views about how evil the
people behind a link I posted were. I have never taken shots at you
without provocation, and in most cases I feel I am well within reason
to say that I'm merely defending myself.

> But first, I suppose it should be pointed out that no one has "taken a
> shot at you". If you think that, then you are mistaken and simply don't
> know what a "shot" is.

If you truly did not intend your comments as an affront against me then
I apologize for taking them as such.

> Below is yet another belated pretense of disinterest.  If we took
> Lutner's
> 'illegal' crack as a joke, it still appears in the original message
> that
> Lutner thought it unreasonable to download more than 2G, despite his
> own
> assertions of easynews' 10G limit.  I just pointed out the illogic of
> that.

I didn't think it is unreasonable to download more than 2GB or more
than 10GB. No where did I say otherwise. Scott's original question was
asking for hints towards NNTP services without download caps, he
mentioned the giganews service provided by Comcast as his point of
reference. I used the easynews limit of 10GB as an example of a limit
which was larger than his point of reference. That is all. If you took
it any differently that is not my problem, nor can I do anything to
remedy the situation. The illegal crack was just that, a crack. In this
age of fairly rampant piracy all over the internet, and posted to a
list full of technically inclined people, I thought the crack would go
over as such. I will make a point to not post jokes any more.

> But now Lutner says he doesn't care either way. Gee, I didn't get that
> from his first message.

My first message was intended only to offer what I hoped was help for
Scott, and to poke fun at something I thought would be funny. Yet again
I apologize for my apparent failure at humor.

> No one is "taking a shot" at Lutner. I'm just pointing out those claims
> that don't pass reasonable scrutiny. And in fact, they don't.
>
> And I previously pointed out his association with court-proven liars
> (Alan
> Brown, ORBS associated with Vixie and Matthew Sullivan of SORBS)  This
> crew associates with people who believe in "The Truth Through Lies"
> (Nick
> Nicholas, former Executive Director of MAPS).

I have absolutely no association personal or professional with Alan
Brown, Paul Vixie, Matthew Sullivan or Nick Nicholas. I offered a link
I found through google to this list a while back, and that erupted into
a thread similar to this. In that case, I was also just trying to be
helpful to the fellow readers of this list, and did not present it any
differently. I truly hope you are not inferring, or calling me by
association, a liar. A number of the members of this list know me
personally, and I am confident that they would confirm that I am a
person of integrity and honesty. If you are making such inference or
associations, you can only hope that I never find out about it.