[BBLISA] Help with OS 9 (classic), Framemaker > PDF error

Scott Ehrlich scott at ehrlichtronics.com
Sat Apr 9 06:15:57 EDT 2005

This may be a bit off-topic, but I thought I'd ask anyway...

I have a client using FrameMaker in classic mode on his Mac who is having
the following problem:

User's desktop is a Mac running OS 10.3.8. He runs Adobe
Framemaker in the classic environment and often needs to export
Framemaker documents to pdf format. Framemaker allows a "Save as" to pdf
if Adobe Acrobat Distiller is installed (which it is). In the Chooser
for the classic environment all ps printers are set to use the "generic"
ppd as specified in the Adobe Acrobat Distiller support files and most
files can be converted without problem. However, the user is
currently working on a one page file that contains several images and
Acrobat Distiller quits with the following entry in its log.

Offending command: image ; canceling functions to EOF

Conversion of this file fails on multiple machines in the same way.
    We need for the Framemaker -> pdf conversion to be reliable. If you
could possibly help us identify what the problem might be or what we
could do to fix it we'd be appreciative.

Full error upon failure:

%%[ Error: undefinedresult; OffendingCommand: image ]%%

Stack:
-dict-

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%
%%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %%

Any help/leads/ideas with the above would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Scott