[BBLISA] Kind of moving to Boston

Jim Collins jim at collins-fam.com
Tue Sep 28 23:42:17 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 11:16, Phil Temples wrote:
> As a Watertown resident, I've been reading this thread with interest.
>
> I'm afraid that I'd have to agree with the previous poster--the Davis
> Square area of Somerville offers far more amenities for the
> "car-challenged."
>
> Not to be anal, Chaos, but the bike path along the Charles doesn't even
> make it into Waltham. It ends in the western portion of Watertown, at
> the intersection of Pleasant and Bridge Streets.  From there on out,
> it's city streets.

If you know where to pick it up again, the Charles River path continues
out to Waltham. Been about 5 years but I recall it was a fairly short
(less than a mile) break between the end of the new path and old path at
Bridge street in Watertown. They where supposed to connect that break
too, not sure if its been completed. The new path was always almost
completely empty of bike traffic, possibly because it's tough to get up
any speed on it, lots of sharp corners. It's still unknown to many folks
apparently.

- Jim C.

--
Jim Collins <jim at collins-fam.com>