[BBLISA] slander by dean anderson regarding IP space of l0pht

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Wed Sep 8 15:12:07 EDT 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Bob Keyes wrote:

> I was forwarded some messages regarding Mr. Anderson's accusation that
> Sinister Networks had hijacked l0pht's IP space. These are slanderous
> accusations, I demand they be retracted.

My message was not meant to be taken as asserting any actual wrongdoing by
L0pht or Sinister Networks, but to illuminate the ludicrous (and actually
defamatory) statements by Tabor Wells regarding Dean Anderson, Av8
Internet, and The Open Group. The message that I posted, and which Mr.
Keyes objects to, was not intended to suggest that Sinister Networks
_actually_ hijacked space, but only to ridicule Mr. Wells similar claims.
I apologize for any misunderstanding.  This message should be regarded as
the retraction requested by Mr. Keyes by anyone who misunderstood my

I think its quite obvious that Sinister Networks did not hijack L0pht's
address space, and if they did somehow, it would be up to L0pht to
complain about that. No one else would be authoritative.  Likewise for
address space allocated to The Open Software Foundation and to Av8
Internet: No one else is authoritative about that address space.

It is quite ludicrous to assert that address space allocated to operating
organization could be hijacked.

By contrast, the false claims made Wells, Sullivan, and Brown actually
mean to do harm, and actaully mean to mislead people, and actually mean to
defame Av8 Internet.

And I note that Mr. Wells has still not apologized for nor retracted his
claims.  Av8 also demands their retraction.

Dean Anderson
Av8 Internet, Inc