[BBLISA] Looking for a source of cheap UPS batteries and cheap used UPSs

bblisa at rootme.org bblisa at rootme.org
Sun Nov 7 21:57:02 EST 2004

I've used refurbups.com with success in the past.  Maybe not as cheap as
you'd like, but their replacement batteries have lasted longer than the
original in the 4 UPSes I've used them.

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 10:57:49AM -0500, alex_aminoff at alum.mit.edu wrote 1.3K bytes in 34 lines about:
:
: Hi folks. The thing about UPS batteries is that they are very heavy, so
: buying on the web and shipping is generally not cost effective. Therefore I
: am looking for places within say an hour drive of Boston where I can get UPS
: batteries and UPSs, preferably used and very cheap.
:
: The sort of place I have in mind is the second tier of vendors who come to
: the MIT swap meet in the summer months (the first tier vendors with the
: biggest trucks charge too much). They seem to come from light industrial
: areas in the outer suburbs. I visited one once several years back and they
: had a largeish store full of used odds & ends, including several decent
: looking UPSs. I'm looking for 1200-2400VA, hoping to spend $20-$60 for each
: one.
:
: I also need UPS batteries. A quick web search finds for example
: americanbatterycompany.com with a PO box address in Boston, who sell a
: replacement battery set for an APC 1400VA UPS for $81. This is too much.
: What I'm hoping is to find a battery supplier that is not explicitly in the
: business of selling batteries for UPSs, since as soon as something is
: intended for use with computers the price doubles.
:
: Thanks in advance for any leads,
:
:  - Alex Aminoff