[BBLISA] Looking for a source of cheap UPS batteries and cheap used UPSs

Bob Webber webber at panix.com
Sun Nov 7 11:33:47 EST 2004

On Nov 7, 2004, at 10:57 AM, alex at basespace.net wrote:

> ... I also need UPS batteries. A quick web search finds for example
> americanbatterycompany.com with a PO box address in Boston, who sell a
> replacement battery set for an APC 1400VA UPS for $81. This is too
> much.
> What I'm hoping is to find a battery supplier that is not explicitly
> in the
> business of selling batteries for UPSs, since as soon as something is
> intended for use with computers the price doubles.

I've never bought anything from them, but have often driven past
Atlantic Batteries at 80 Elm Street in Watertown (near Arlington and
Arsenal, in a light industrial area behind the Watertown Mall and
Charles River Saab) might be the kind of place you're looking for.
(800) 924-2450 or (617) 924-2868 or even battery34 at aol.com.

Good luck.

Bob