[BBLISA] This month's meeting (this coming Wednesday)

Adam S. Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Fri May 7 09:43:19 EDT 2004

Wednesday, May 12, 2004
MIT Building E51, Room 149
7:00  Introductions and announcements
7:25  Door prizes [O'Reilly books! VM software!]
7:30  Formal presentation

		VMware Overview
		Ravi Kagalavadi
		Systems Engineer, VMware

The presentation will cover the various product offerings from VMware,
focusing on ESX Server, VirtualCenter and P2V -- Physical machine to
Virtual machine migration.

VirtualCenter provides a central management, monitoring, automation and
security for ESX, GSX and virtual machines. We simplify the provisioning
of new servers. We create master templates (golden images -- base O/S,
service packs, hot fixes) and deploy new servers and clone servers from
templates. Using our VMotion technology, we can move live running
virtual machines from one ESX server to another; there is no
interruption in virtual machine server downtime.

Comlete abstract here:

    http://www.bblisa.org/