[BBLISA] 1U SCSI cases?

stephen g. wadlow sgw at wadlow.net
Mon Jun 21 14:37:25 EDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 arr at oceanwave.com wrote:

> nvp> There are Netra (D-140 is the model, I think) units from Sun.  I don't
> nvp> know if they still make them, but they can house 3 SCSI drives, and are
> nvp> 1U/rack-mountable.
>
> They've been replaced by the S1, which doesn't fit the price range (the
> cheapest I've seen them on comparison sites is about $2200).

the D130 can still be found easily on ebay.  at a quick glance, I see
one with a "buy it now" of $79-$126.   The $79 is for DC, and the $126
appears to be AC, and includes some 9gb drives.   With shipping and
rack hardware, you're still likely under $200.

The D130 will only take SCA drives that have the appropriate drive rails
on them.  If you have a specific disk that you need to put in there, this
may not be the right box.

			steve