[BBLISA] Question about Network analysis tools

miah jjohnson at sunrise-linux.com
Wed Jan 7 16:55:22 EST 2004

nmap will tell you what ports are open on a server if thats all you want to do, it cant get any easier.

If a application crashes because it received unexpected data, you should really fix it, its a bug.  Show the programmer docs on input validation.

I haven't used SARA, but I highly recommend Nessus, its not hard to use and its probably the best open source security scanner out there.  Its al GUI point and click and gives you a pretty report full of stuff.

-miah