[BBLISA] Verizon help

Tabor J. Wells twells at fsckit.net
Thu Feb 19 20:30:17 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 07:59:07PM -0500,
A Page in the Life of ... <dkap at haven.org> is thought to have said:

> Ahh Tabor I always knew I could count on you.

heh

> There is one message, on the 18th of November from imail at verizon.net that
> was rejected on a failed verify:
>
> 2003-11-18 20:40:32 verify failed for SMTP recipient tgxa7sxqoz at haven.org
> from <imail at verizon.net> H=sc002pub.verizon.net [206.46.170.146]: 1 Time(s)
>
> Does that mean, that, becuase it was rejected, I'm never going to get on
> their whitelist?  Hrm ... the members of the wearables mailing list
> wear-hard at haven.org who have verizon accounts are not going to be pleased.
> *sigh*

No. They happen more frequently. It looks like they've changed the
envelope-from to be the more proper "<>". I'm not sure when they made that
change. Just check for connections from those hosts.

> Which, according to Verizon was the problem that NM mentioned, that if
> there isn't a valid MX and PTR record for your machine, you are not
> accepted.

Also if they do a RCPT TO:<yoursenderaddress> and get a failure, they'll
fail the incoming connection.

> engineering to try and get through to someone who could even talk to me
> without giving them a DSL account phone number.  *sigh*  I don't recommend
> it to anyone, even Sysuphus admirer.

"Please escalate this call to your shift supervisor" is a phrase I use
frequently when dealing with tech support like this.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells at fsckit.net
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality