[BBLISA] cisco port adapters to lend?

xela at terc.edu xela at terc.edu
Sun Feb 8 14:31:50 EST 2004

I know this is a long shot, but:  We had a cisco 7206-VXR go down
about a half-hour after putting it in service the other day.  We
suspect the power supply shut itself off under the load, and would
like to test this theory without putting the router into service
again.  The problem with this idea is that the port adapters that
would be in it if it were under load are in the old 7206 routing
packets, and we don't have spares.  So we have no way to test it
under full power supply load except to put it in service --- unless
perhaps some of you have port adapters sitting around that you're
not using that you'd be willing to lend me for a week?

---Alex

Carl Alexander
Sr Systems & Network Administrator, TERC