[BBLISA] Cell phone WAP script for IP/port redirection?

Scott Ehrlich scott at ehrlichtronics.com
Wed Dec 29 20:21:40 EST 2004

I have a Verizon cell phone - LG VX6100 and it will not let the user
change the WAP proxy port number for web browsing.   I can change
everything else - WAP IP proxy address and homepage.  The web proxy port
is stuck at 8080.   If I can run a script on a UNIX machine (which have
access to) and configure it to redirect traffic, I can bypass VZW's pay
service for something I only plan to use here and there, anyway.

Thanks for any hints/help at any kind of UNIX script to act as an
always-available redirection server for me.  The script could be shell,
PERL, whatever.

Scott