[BBLISA] I need a colocation for 10 or perhaps 12 1U machines

Dean Anderson dean at av8.com
Wed Dec 1 17:36:43 EST 2004

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, Dima wrote:

> Dean, thanks a lot for your help.
>
> I think I need to ask a corrected question:
>
> How do I find a colocation in Boston area?

Good question. I just "know" from having been around.  "knowing too much"
can be a bad thing--I've never had to find anything like this through ads.
So I don't have any idea where should I advertise, or where to find others
advertisements.... Most of my customers are word-of-mouth referrals.

Contact Internap at www.internap.com. They are physically located in the
Somerville industrial park off Washington St. as you drive towards
Charlestown. Call the sales folks, and they'll arrange tour, etc. I don't
think there are walk ins.

Contact Boston Datacenters at www.bostondatacenters.com. They are
physically located in the old Hood Plant in Charlestown.  They are on the
first floor, sort of around the back. They have offices onsite, and do
walk-ins. Labeling at the Hood plant (its a multi-tenant building) isn't
the best, so you have to search a bit for the offices.

Contact Exodus through Savvis, www.savvis.net (exodus.net points to
Savvis). They are physically located on Second Ave in Waltham. (roughly
Winter-Wyman and 128) I don't think they do walk-in's either.

Basespace is Alex Aminoff--you know. www.basespace.net.  Alex is in
Cambridge.

Me, you know, too.  We can put stuff in Cambridge (close to Watertown
line), Charlestown, and Waltham.

> Prices you mention are fine and I will gladly pay
> them, but where can I find them?

Judging by the websites, some have prices, some don't. You usually have to
call sales droids to find out.  I usually find them out when my customers
tell me what others offered. Or I run into someone, and they give me a run
down.

> Is there any sort of the registry somewhere? Is
> there anyway to find a colo site, if you do not
> know one beforehand?
>
> Is there anything in Metrowest, preferably near
> intersection of 495 and 9 and Turnpike?

Towardex is out west there somewhere. I forgot about them. They are a good
place, too.  www.towardex.com--I just checked, and they have prices on the
website.

		--Dean

617 344 9000