[BBLISA] MS Exchange oddity

mrichman at postdiluvian.org mrichman at postdiluvian.org
Thu Aug 19 14:11:29 EDT 2004

It looks like our (internal) exchange server has stripped off all
the headers from a peice of spam before it got to the exchange
server, anybody out there have any idea how they did that (no
solid exchange expertise here).

We have sendmail (8.12.10) as our external gateway (with proofpoint
as a mail filter), which should have added an X-comment and an
x-proofpoint line, both of these have been stripped and the first
transaction on the mail is from the gateway to the exchange server

No, the mail is not originating from inside, we can find it in the
senmail logs on the gateway

Any pointers to info would be appreciated

	     Thanks
		Marc