[BBLISA-announce] Compliance Alphabet Soup with your favorite letters. April 8

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Fri Apr 3 19:55:59 EDT 2015

Hello all:

We have two speakers for the bblisa meeting on Wednesday, April 8,
2015.

Speaker: Josh Boon PCIP
Compliance Soup: PCI DSS Condensed

An overview of PCI DSS 3.0 requirements and definitions. This talk
will define types of credit card data and the storage requirements of
each. The types of merchants and service providers and the reporting
requirements of each, and a summary of the twelve requirements of PCI
compliance. A participant should be able to take away from this talk
the basics of PCI and if it applies take the next steps towards
compliance.

Followed by:

Speaker: Walt Williams
Compliance Soup: ISO, ISACA, SSAE, NIST and CSA Oh My!

A brief history of the alphabet soup that is security standards,
looking at the goals and scope of each of the commonly sought
certifications, applicability of each, challenges in
achieving/maintaining and the bang for the buck if you will, or are
they worth the time invested. The person shall be able to take away a
comparative understanding of the many standards available in
Information Security.

The meeting will be held in MIT E-51, Room 145 starting at 7:00 PM
with announcements & introductions. Followed at 7:30 by the formal
presentation.

I hope to see you there.

--
				-- rouilj