[BBLISA-announce] Bacula: An Introduction to an Open Source backup system - Tonight

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed Mar 14 14:18:06 EDT 2012

Hello All:

The March BBLISA talk will be this evening at 7PM on:

    Bacula: An Introduction to an Open Source backup system

by K. M. Petersen.

   What should be a simple problem to solve - having a copy of
   important data in case of hardware error or human mistake - turns
   out to have complex (and expensive) solutions. Bacula is an
   open-source application that runs in most popular environments,
   supports disk and tape-based backups, and utilizes a database for
   managing its catalog of file versions and backup media. This
   presentation will discuss Bacula's functionality, including its
   features and some implementation details, and provide a short
   example of a working configuration.

Room: MIT E-51, Room 145
Date/Time: Wednesday March 14th 2012 at 7PM

I look forward to seeing you there.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard