[BBLISA-announce] No more BBLISA meetings!

Adam S. Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Wed Mar 8 15:34:50 EST 2006

At least, no meetings in July or August, and maybe no more at all.

Why not?

It's simple: I've been booking speakers for something like three or four
years now, single-handedly, and I need a break. I've been asking for
help for almost a year now but still haven't gotten any. At least, not
on any sort of regular basis.

I'm going to be busy this summer, busy enough that I don't know if I'll
be free to come to the July or August meetings -- and I'm not about to
book speakers for meetings I'm not likely to attend. After August, well,
I may or may not feel like finding more speakers. So . . .

If you want there to be more meetings after June, it's up to *you* to
find us some speakers. I will happily explain the process to anyone who
is interested; it's really quite simple.

I'd hate for BBLISA stop having meetings, but I've reached the limit of
what I can to -- at least for now. It's someone else's turn.

AdamM