[BBLISA-announce] March meeting

Adam S. Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Tue Mar 2 13:48:15 EST 2004

Wednesday, March 10th (that's one week from tomorrow)
MIT E51-145
7:00 to 9:30 p.m.
(door prizes at 7:25)

    Pay Attention to the Person Behind the Curtain:

    A behind-the-scenes look at system administration
    and the state of the profession

    David Parter
    University of Wisconsin

David will discuss the state of our profession, the issues we face (both
technical and non-), what's on the horizon, and some ideas for making
things better.

Again this month, I urge you to attend this meeting: David is a good
speaker, has been doing this stuff a long time, is very involved in
SAGE and the LISA conferences, and cares a great deal about trying to
help system administration and system administrators grow from where we
are today to where we ought to be.

For the complete abstract of David's talk see our web site:

    http://www.bblisa.org/

See you on Wednesday!

AdamM